The Principle Objectives of Merton Sai Centre are:
- To help the individual
- Be aware of the Divinity that is inherent in him and to conduct himself accordingly;
- To translate into practice in daily life, divine love and perfection; and therefore..
- To fill one’s life with joy, harmony, beauty, grace, human excellence and lasting happiness;
- To ensure that all human relations are governed by the principles of Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Right Conduct), Shanthi (Peace), Prema (Love) and Ahimsa (Non-violence).
- To make devotees more sincere and dedicated in the practice of their respective religions by understanding properly the true spirit of their religion.
How are the Objectives attained?
- By the realisation that:
- “There is only One religion, the religion of Love There is only One caste, the caste of humanity There is only One language, the language of the Heart There is only One God, He is omnipresent” – Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- By constant remembrance of God and looking upon all creation as a manifestation of Divinity in different forms and shapes;
- By underlining the essential unity of all religions and securing proper understanding of all religions as being based on Love;
- By looking upon all work as service dedicated to the Divine;
- By bringing to bear upon all life’s problems, attitudes flowing from Divine Love, such as, understanding, compassion, tolerance, helpfulness, etc.
- By basing all actions on Love of Divinity, fear of sin and steadfast observance of morality in society;
- By engaging in spiritual, educational and service activities, both at the individual and community level, in an organized, systematic manner, without expecting any material reward or appreciation, but solely as a means to win God’s Love and Grace.