The Merton Sai Service Wing is a branch of Merton Sai Centre in the Sai Mandir. Its role is to provide forums and opportunities to allow service activities within the Mandir and local community to flourish. Sathya Sai Baba has stated that, “service to man, is service to God”. Therefore, this underlying principle is the foundation for the service wing.
“Engage yourselves in service activity. Consider social service as service to God. This is the best way to earn God’s Love. Love all and serve all. Your entire life will be sanctified thereby.” – Sri Sathya Sai Baba
“Look about for chance to relieve, rescue or resuscitate. Train yourself that you may render help quickly and well. Seva is the most praying form of austerity, the most satisfying and the most pleasurable! It springs out of love and it scatters love in profession.” – Sri Sathya Sai Baba
The list below contains the main service activities conducted at Merton Sai centre on a regular basis.
- Altar preparations – Setting up the altar in preparation for bhajan service.
- Meals for the homeless – Deliver homeless people in Central London a fully cooked and wholesome lunch.
- Mandir Maintenance – Routine cleaning tidying, gardening or any other help which may be required according to the time of the year and festivals taking place.
- Library Admin – Assisting the librarian as cover when required.
- Festival Seva – To assists with the general administration of crowds that attend festivities at the Sai Mandir and the neighbouring Shree Ghanapathy temple.